WEDDING POEMS

Friday 12 October 2012

Wedding Poems



Beautiful wedding poems that you can use for inspiration for the wedding. Wedding poems free soft, touching and special. With poems wedding, you can help make your wedding day as romantic and memorable as possible.
For The Bride And Groom 
Author Unknown
Two hands to hold onto forever, 
Two arms to be embraced by eternally, 
Two eyes to gaze into for always, 
Two lips to kiss so passionately. 
Two souls fused by commitment, 
Two names written in the stars above, 
Two lives intertwined by God, 
Two hearts joined by the purest of love.
How Do I Love Thee 
Author: Elizabeth Barret Browning
How do I love thee? 
Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old grief, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
I Belong In Your Arms 
Author: Unknown, sent in by Julie G.
I belong in your arms
Finally, I have found a place
Into which I fit Perfectly, Safely
And securely with no doubts,
No fears, No sadness, No tears.
This place is filled with happiness and laughter
Yet it is spacious enough, to allow me
The freedom to move around,
To live my life and be myself.
This wonderful place, which I never believed really existed,
I have found Finally
Inside your arms, Inside your heart, inside your love.
I Do 
Author: Iane Jimenez
Your smile has touched my weeping heart, 
You made me laugh though miles apart. 
You took pain and showed me love, 
You grabbed my hand and held me tight.
You made your way into my soul ...  You stop my breath, and take my all.  You look at me with longing eyes,  Tou carry me within your arms.
You stole my heart away,  You made it whole again.  You love me deeply,  You love me purely,  And today I say "I DO."  Here at the altar, facing you.
Love For Love 
Author: Traditional Irish wedding poem
God above increase our love.
Let love and friendship reign.
I long to be made one with you.

Time shall tell I love you well.
God's blessing on you and me.
Love for love.
Man Of My Heart 
Author: Joyce Hemsley
Spring comes with the sun
cold winds there are none
"man of my heart" - he's the one.

I gazed at him once
I gazed at him twice
this was the start of paradise.

He gazed back at me
he gazed lovingly
I heard the notes of a symphony.

We gazed at each other
and our daydreams took flight
beautiful wedding of white.

Spring comes with the sun
cold winds there are none
"man of my heart" - you're the one.
Married Love 
Author: Kuan Tao-sheng
You and I have so much love 
That it burns like a fire, 
In which we bake a lump of clay 
Molded into a figure of you 
And a figure of me. 
The we take both of them, 
And break them into pieces, 
And mix the pieces with water, 
And mold again a figure of you, 
And a figure of me. 
I am in your clay. 
You are in my clay. 
In life we share a single quilt, 
In death we will share one bed.
My Sweetheart 
Author: Simmi
Since I was a little girl I made a prayer to God,  That some day my soulmate would come and be my love.  I knew since the first day I met you that you were sent from above.  You have been my best friend, my love, and the one I live for.  You never let me down, you always kept your shoulder there for me to lean on.  And now I will be there for you till I die, and even when I die I will be your gaurdian angel.  An angel who will help you at your worst and hold watch over you.  I loved you since the day we met, I felt that firework burst inside.  I never thought my dreams would come true,  That is until I met you.  For all the love in me is all in you,  Thank you sweetheart for making my dreams come true.
My Wedding Day 
Author: Lacey Karlek
I think about the time,
Not so long ago,
That when I needed a helping hand,
You where the first to know

I think about the memories,
The good times we've shared,
I think about all you've taught me,
And how my broken heart you always repaired

Now as I stand here today,
And reminisce on the past,
I think about how hard this day is for you,
How fast the years have surpassed

But as you walk me down the aisle,
Daddy, please don't cry,
You know how much I love you,
And this is not good-bye

As I spread my wings and fly,
Look at me and know,
That you will forever be in my heart,
Even as the years grow

I think of today as a new beginning,
But my love for you will stay,
So walk me down the aisle Daddy,
It's my Wedding Day.

Newlywed Couple

Author: Hemakumar Nanayakkara
Two souls bound together in the sacred union of love
United hearts beat as one in a blissful world of passion
Buds of happiness appear in the springtime of their lives
Blooming flowers blossom hailing the peak of this romance
Their smiling faces reflect the magic of graceful starlight
Golden rings in the fingers are a bond for their future life
Exquisitely carved by the smoothness of placid moonlight
And brightly glossed by the sparkle of the rising sunshine
With all good blessings of the family and the loved ones
Bundles of well wishes will be carried out to their life's eternity.
Wedding Promise
I can't promise you a life of sunshine;  I can't promise riches, wealth, or gold;  I can't promise you an easy pathway  Which leads away from change or growing old.
But I can promise all my heart's devotion;  A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow;  A love that's ever true and ever growing;  A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow.
Yes, I'll Marry You.

Chinese Wedding Poem
Your love is from life's great mystery  It lies beneath a great quiet lake  It is like the deep truth of a dark well.  Your love is purity and coolness  You have no need to make waves in the water  You have no need to dig another well  You only have need to watch yourself with clarity  And drink deeply from your love.
Tao Te Ching

Ancient Egyptian Wedding Poem
To love you is like having a luscious fruit 
ripening in my hand,
Like having dates swimming in my honey wine.
The moment lingers.
The taste lasts.
We will remain joined until the end of years.
We will remain together in the endless line of hours.
We shall join together in this taste of bread and wine.

Hindu Love Poem
 Used for wedding as well
Let the earth of my body be mixed 
with the earth my beloved walks on.
Let the ?re of my body be the light in the mirror
that re?ects his face.
Let the water of my body combine with the water
of the lotus pool he bathes in.
Let the breath of my body be air soothing his
exhausted limbs.
Let me be calm sky over my beloved.
Two short Tamil Wedding Poems
What relation could my mother be to yours? 
What relation is my father to yours? 
And how did you and I meet ever?
But in love our hearts are as the red
earth and pouring rain:
mingled beyond parting.

— Tamil Wedding Poem -

My love for you is bigger than earth,
and higher than the sky,
more unfathomable than the seas
is this love for this man.
Your Love Is Evermore 
Author: From the song Once Again by Molly and the Tinker
In your touch I find security
In your kiss a healing peace
In your laugh is my serenity
your embrace is my release
Though the madness swirls around us
You are safety in the storm.
Though the world is cold
Your love is evermore.
You Complete Me 
Author Unknown, sent in by Maria B.
I couldn't have lived till now
If it wasn't for you
I would have been so lost
Not knowing what to do

You put me together
Only now can I see
You make me what I am
You complete me

We're two different halves
Put together, we're one whole
Every beat of my heart is yours
Everyday I pray for your soul

It's just your smile I need to see
When there's no other remedy
You put me together
You complete me

I'm too scared to let you go
I never want to lose you
If you weren't here with me
I'd never know what to do

All I feel now are joys
All my sorrows are history
What else can I say now?
It's because you complete me. 
Wonder Of Our Love 
Author: Barbara Burrow
All things are ours because we love
the earth below, the sky above,
the mountains, meadow, sand, and sea.
All things surounding you and me
are but a sweet reflection of
the gentle wonder of our love.

Wedding Poem With Roses

Today is the beginning of a journey  The vow to love, honot and cherish.
Today is a dream realized from years past  White dress, a promise of love that lasts
Now, everything is a sweet reflection  Of the gentle wonder of our love.
I will love you Always!
Together Forever 
Author: Darien
Waiting at the altar with a single rose,
My eyes caught hers and then I froze.
Smiling at me from across the room,
She is my bride, and I am her groom.

The wedding march plays for awhile,
Gracefully she walks down the aisle.
As she approaches I see a vivid light,
She is my angel all dressed in white.

Her eyes glistened through her veil,
Like something out of a fairy tale.
She spoke with her cute subtle tone,
Promising we would never be alone.

"I will always be here to lend a hand,
Just remember I am forever your man.
I'm at your side through thick and thin,
Together on this journey we will win."

My wedding vows saved in my head,
About to speak but I stopped instead.
Staring right at her my words choked,
But something from my heart spoke.

I looked at her, and then said aloud,
'Forever and always' is what I vowed.
"From here on out we start a new life,
Together forever, as husband and wife." 
The Best Is Yet To Be 
Author: Unknown, sent in by Steve R.
On your joyful wedding day,
You begin a brand new life.
Friends and family give their gifts
To joyful husband, blissful wife.

But the greatest gift you'll ever get,
A gift from heaven above,
Is love forever, ending never,
Everlasting love.

You'll share life's joy and pleasure;
You'll have plenty of that, it's true.
But love is the real treasure
For your new spouse and you.

And if life hands you challenges,
As it does to one and all,
Your love will hold you steady
And never let you fall.

Your wedding day is full of joy;
Tomorrow you cannot see.
But one thing's sure for the two of you:
The best is yet to be.
Sweet Wedding Poem 
Author: Based on a native Inuit love song
You are my husband (you are my wife)
My feet shall run because of you
My feet dance because of you
My heart shall beat because of you
My eyes see because of you
My mind thinks because of you
And I shall love, because of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment